I hope everyone has a had a wonderful weekend!! Ours was nice and busy starting Saturday morning with an awesome weigh in at my weight watchers meeting. I lost 5.2 pounds this week!! I have also achieved a lot of really awesome non-scale victories that I am going to write about this week in another post.
For lunch Saturday I had my cheat meal at a new BBQ place that opened up here a few weeks ago. They actually have locations a few hours away in Orlando so I already knew how good it was and had decided on the longhorn sandwich. I will say I was not able to enjoy it as much as I would have liked as we have a toddler that is reaching the “terrible twos”. It was just a little stressful so we ended up just packing up and heading out. Oh well I will try again in a few weeks.
Sunday was an awesome day because I was able to grocery shop early with my girl as well as pop a pork roast in the crock pot for dinner and make my egg muffins all before 9:30 am. Love mornings like that! My husband also spent all day working outside sprucing up our backyard by pressure washing the back of our house and putting together our new patio furniture. I mentioned last week that we had concrete poured and expanded our patio so we can actually use it. It has only taken us 5 years but we are so excited to really start using it as an extension of our house. Tonight my sister and her family brought over pulled pork they smoked, WW friendly jalapeno poppers and fruit salad to enjoy on the patio! I threw together some sauteed zucchini and red bell peppers to go with it and the leftover baked Alexia onion rings and it was so good. I am so excited to spend time with my family and enjoy each others company. We are excited to throw our first BBQ for 4th of July!
So this week I have to admit I was not feeling super inspired to plan my menu and I kind of threw it together quickly but I think it will still be yum! I still prepped all my fruit, egg muffins, veggies and salads for the week. I also have fresh veggies in the fridge that can quickly be sauteed for side dishes.
- Stir Fried Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas and Carrots – This recipe is from Skinny Taste and it is so easy and delicious.
- Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro – This recipe is also from Skinny Taste and I am excited to make it as I have been craving seafood lately.
- Lemon Ginger Tilapia – I have leftovers of this marinade and frozen tilapia so I am going to make this for a quick and easy dish. This recipe is from Laa Loosh which I have mentioned before is a fantastic Weight Watcher friendly site.
- Apple Cheddar Sweet Potato – So Heather from Kiss my Broccoli commented on my BBQ Sweet potato I threw together last week commented and mentioned she had made a sweet potato topped with sharp cheddar, apple jelly and walnuts! Oh man I instantly wanted to make this so I am planning to put this together with some chicken on the side. I am so excited for this as I am addicted to sweet potatoes!
- Leftovers – I still have leftovers from this weekend of pineapple chicken burgers and pulled pork so these will make up a couple our lunches for the week.
I hope everyone has a great healthy week with great food! I am going to try and eat outside on my new patio as much as possible! I can’t wait to share my menu next week as we will be planning the menu for our 4th of July BBQ!
Tagged: breakfast, clean eating, Eats, egg white muffins, food planning, food prep, healthy eating, healthy living, Inspiration, meal planning, menu planning, motivation, nutrition, weekly planning, weight watchers, weightloss